- Home /
- Visiting the Markets
Visiting the Markets
Flemington is located near Homebush Bay, 15 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD, and is the focal point for a combination of fresh produce and community markets. The modern custom-built facility at Sydney Markets 2129 covers 42 hectares and operates on a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week cycle.
Haymarket is located in the heart of the city near Darling Harbour and Chinatown. This historical facility is home to a world-renowned market that attracts shoppers looking for a traditional market experience.
Click here to view the trading hours for the Produce Market, Growers Market, Flower Market and Paddy's Markets
Members of the public can join a guided tour of Sydney Markets to experience the wholesale markets and Paddy's Markets at their liveliest. Tours are conducted by Sydney Markets' preferred operator, Thomson Street Tours. Click here for tour and booking information.
Entry & Parking
Visitor, buyers and workers within Sydney Markets are required to pay vehicle entry fees when entering the Markets before 9.30am Monday to Friday.
The main entrance to Sydney Markets is at Austin Avenue (off Circulating Road) and is open 24 hours a day.
Fees can be paid as follows:-
|Casual Daily Parking||Paid on a daily basis.||$10.00 (inc. GST)|
|Standard Entry Fees||Covers entry to the Markets and unreserved parking.
Standard Entry Fees can be paid on a quarterly basis.
|$269.50 (inc. GST)|
|Premium Entry Fees||Covers entry to the Markets and a reserved covered parking space.
Premium Entry Fees can be paid on a quarterly or yearly basis.
|$404.80 Quarterly (inc. GST)
$1554.00 Yearly (inc. GST)
|Note: Visitors arriving on foot are free of charge|
Delivery Procedures: Delivery cut off times to the General Trading Area are Monday 1am & Tuesday to Friday 2am. Semi trailers will be directed to the Rail for unloading until 4am Monday to Friday and 5am Saturday.
Semi Trailer Parking: No parking space is available for empty semi trailers or any vehicles not carrying fruit or vegetables.
Security Inspections: Vehicles may be searched when departing the General Trading Area.
Market Employees Access Passes
Everyone who works at the Sydney Markets is required to have a Photo ID Access Pass, especially if they need access to the site after hours. No pass, no entry.
How to obtain a pass:
If you are a new employee or have lost your pass, you will need to apply for a new pass.
- Complete the GTA Entry Application Form available from the Cashiers Office in Building D or from the photo ID Room in Building C.
- Attach a letter from you employer on company letterhead.
- Bring the paperwork to the Cashiers Office in Building D and pay $47.30(inc. GST).
- Attach the receipt to your application form. You will then need to present this at the Photo ID Room in Building C, smile for the camera and have your pass issued!
Photo ID Room
The Photo Id Room is located in the southern end of Building C and is open:
|Monday||09:00 - 10:30|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 10:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 10:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 10:30|
If you lose your pass you will have to pay for a new pass. If you already have an old-style pass these can be transferred free of charge.
Details for entry and parking at Haymarket see the Sydney Paddy's Markets site.
Conditions of Entry
If you enter the Markets, you agree to comply with the Conditions of Entry summarised below and the Sydney Markets rules as amended from time to time. If you fail to comply with the Conditions you are liable to Sydney Markets Limited (SML) for damages. If you disagree with the Conditions, do not enter the site, or alternatively, see an authorised representative of SML.
A full copy of the Conditions and the Rules may be obtained from the tollgate, any SML office or authorised representative of SML
1. Entry: You (or your vehicle) must not be in any part of the Markets when that part of the Markets is closed.
2. Selling: You must not sell, offer or bring any goods for sale in the Markets unless approved or authorised by SML.
3. Behaviour: You must not behave in a noisy, offensive, unsafe, undesirable or illegal manner in the Markets. You must follow the reasonable direction of any representative of SML.
4. Vehicle Operation: You must not operate any vehicle in the Markets in a way that is unlawful or unsafe.
5. Parking: You may only park in designated areas in the Markets and must not obstruct common areas or roadways.
6. Dumping or Bringing In Rubbish: You must not dump or bring in rubbish to any part of the Markets or cause any pollution or environmental harm.
7. Property: You must not destroy or damage any property in the Markets.
8. Liability: You enter the Markets at your own risk. SML will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to you or your property in the Markets.
9. Removal: You must leave the Markets immediately you are told to do so by any authorised representative of SML. Failure to do so voluntarily will result in you being removed from the Markets.
10. Entry Pass: Entry passes to the Markets, when issued, are not transferable.
11. Transhipping Charge: If Produce (including fruit, vegetable and flowers) is transferred delivered or unloaded at the Markets, then that Produce must be for sale or intended for sale from the General Trading Area (GTA) or Flower Market.
If that produce is not specifically delivered for sale within the GTA or Flower Market then, the Person or Company that delivers or transports that Produce into the Market, will be charged a Transhipping Charge of $200 per pallet, or part thereof transferred/delivered/unloaded (as this may vary from time to time)”.
Any failure by you to comply with these Conditions of Entry or the Rules may result in you being refused entry to the Markets.